Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CTA duespayers-take notice!

Ah, the California Teacher's Association. The union to whom all California public school teachers must pay dues, whether members or not, whether willingly or not. This filthy little tentacle of the NEA automatically removes the dues from your paycheck to save you some trouble. Not partial dues, just to cover bargaining expenses, which I wouldn't mind. Full dues. How do I know this? I used to teach public school in California, and it's nothing short of highway robbery.

But there's good news from the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation, if you're interested in getting some of your money back. Apparently, we're entitled to have some or all of that money refunded, depending on our membership status. Can't imagine why the union is so quiet about this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CTA isn't the only state employee union that deducts full dues from your paycheck for you. Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG) does the same thing. One of many reasons that I decided being a rank-and-file state employee was not my particular cup of tea. That, and the knowledge that a portion of my hard-earned pay was going to campaign contributions for people I wouldn't even vote to be dog-catcher.

Christina said...

I think NRTWRF had a legal notice up for PECG members too.