Friday, June 24, 2011

Going Somewhere? Packing Quick and Light

It's the season for summer travel! Depending on where you live, it's also the season for evacuations due to natural disasters, including wildfires, floods, and hurricanes.

Whether you are evacuating or just going on a last minute vacation, the video below is very useful if you want to make a little luggage go a long way. 



I used to need a full sized duffel bag just to go on a week long trip, and it would take me all afternoon to pack. I've been packing light on several trips now, I'm able to make it go pretty quickly. With a little planning, the method above, and packing tips from Rick Steves, I can now pack for a trip in about an hour and a half or less, using this technique, and I generally need only one carry-on sized bag, plus a tote.

Happy trails!

No comments: