Friday, October 12, 2007

Cleaning up the Culture of Death...one car at a time!

I missed out on this event this year, but I wanted to draw attention to it, because I like it!

Wash for Life is nationwide pro-life fundraiser. Young people wash cars to raise money for their local crisis pregnancy centers. The next one will be September 13, 2008.

Occasionally I'll see kids doing car wash fundraisers for sports teams and cheerleading squads--the kinds of extra-curricular activities that define the American high school experience, but which have little long-term impact on the world. These kids are doing something that has much more significance.

Contrary to popular belief, not all teenagers are up to no good. It's kids like these that remind me what potential there is in the young people I work with, and why my job as a high school teacher is worth doing.

Here is the website for this event: WashForLife.org

Click here to find out where this year's car wash opportunities were located.

No comments: