Friday, March 16, 2007

Wedding Vows!

Catholic wedding vows are just gorgeous. I know, because I took them myself along with my husband. *blissful sigh*

They take up a lot of space on paper, but boy do they go fast when you take them.

Here's a sample.I've inserted our own names because "name 1" and "name 2" just do not sound terribly romantic, do they?

Invitation to the Rite of Marriage

Celebrant introduces the rite of marriage with these or similar words:
My dear friends, you have come together in this church so that the Lord may seal and strengthen your love in the presence of the Church's minister and this community. Christ abundantly blesses this love. He has already consecrated you in baptism and now he enriches and strengthens you by a special sacrament so that you may assume the duties of marriage in mutual and lasting fidelity. And so, in the presence of the Church, I ask you to state your intentions.

Stating Intentions

Celebrant:
Alan and Christina, have you come here freely and without reservation
to give yourselves to each other in marriage?
Alan: I have.
Christina: I have.

Celebrant:
Will you love and honor each other as man and wife
for the rest of your lives?
Alan: I will.
Christina: I will.

Celebrant:
Will you accept children lovingly form God
and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?
Alan: I will.
Christina: I will.

Exchange of Consent (Marriage Vows)

Groom :
I, Alan, take you, Christina, to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Bride or :
I, Christina, take you, Alan, to be my husband.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Celebrant:
You have declared your consent before the church.
May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent
and fill your both with his blessings.
What God has joined, no one must divide.
All: Amen.

Blessing of Rings {Options available}

A
Celebrant: May the Lord bless + these rings
which you give to each other as the sign of your love and fidelity.
All: Amen.

Exchange Of Rings

Groom:
Christina, take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Bride:
Alan, take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: