Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The American Alligator

There are two main varieties of this reptile. One can be found in Washington D.C, typically in a Congressional committee meeting.

The other resides along the Gulf of Mexico, most famously in Florida. They live all along the Gulf, however, and we have them here in Texas as well. I've gone to see them in person at a national park a couple of times. They're really good at holding still and waiting for dinner to come to them. I have heard that the Florida gators are not as lazy as the Texas ones, but I'm not going to deliberately test that assumption if I can avoid it. Why?

Take a look a this large specimen, apparently from Florida. Note the deer in its mouth:








Anyway, be careful where you swim. :)

Thanks to my friend Michelle for her e-mail.

No comments: