Thursday, February 8, 2007

I was raised to be charming, not sincere!

Though Edwards is personally offended by the previous public actions of certain employees, he isn't going to do a thing about it. Either he has no spine, or no sincerity. Either way, not a good thing for his candidacy.

Some insight can be gained by going to his website and reading some of the comments posted by people who support his decision to continue employing them. The people who support him are just like the two he has hired. Surprise, surprise. But, he knows that isn't enough to get him elected, and so hopes to placate the rest of us with his "apology" while retaining his base.

On that note, check out this mock entry from "The Edwards Diaries"

Helloooo Handsome!

Oy, these meshuggina bloggers. Boy did they make the past few news cycles fercockt. Made me look weak. They made me look ridiculous. And a man in my position can’t afford to look ridiculous!

Oh, dear Diary, even quoting the Godfather movies can’t lift my spirits. Because of the hissy-fit those bloggers threw, I had to keep those girls and their crazy chazerei on the campaign bus for the time being. I’ll bide my time, but I can’t fool you. You know it stings. These girls aren’t reflective of what’s in my heart. I’m respectful, the son of a humble mill-worker. We didn’t have enough money to afford shoes, but we had values. We feared God, and we respected other people who feared God. That’s why I’m going to toss these harpies under the campaign bus at an appropriate time and then run them over. And then I’ll back the bus up over them. Rinse, lather and repeat as they say.

Which reminds me, my hair is looking outstanding today. It’s the small pleasures that keep you going when you’ve dedicated your life to serving your country.



Read the rest here. It's a riot.

For the origins of the title of this post, click here.

No comments: